July 07, 2007

July 7

I couldn't think of anything jazzy to put as a title, so the date will have to do.

It's been crazy as usual here. The kids have been keeping me busy with swimming and a big range of other summer things (but the favorite is swimming). So with that said we've been spending a lot of time at the pool.

We did go through a little bout of sickness last week through, which kept the kids & I home for 1 week. It was HELL! Dh finally went to the dr. last Friday (he was sick too) and then I finally broke down and spent the $40.00 co-pay to take A & W to the dr. It ended up being sinus infection. I guess they had the darn sinus (ROFL..inside joke between a friend & I..I can hear ya laughin'.) A & W & dh are all better now, and somehow by the grace of God B & I were spared the illness.

So that was a week of staying home. Did I say it was hell?!?!

Our 4th was really fun. We (the 5 of us) went to a friends house and had supper and shot off fireworks. The kids caught fireflies and frogs. We had a wonderful time!

Yesterday (6th) I took the kids to a water park in a nearby town. We got there at 3:30pm and the park closed at 9pm. Yes..we were there until 9pm. Then the kids were so hungry they were going to eat eachother so I took them to McD. I've been to a lot of McD's and this one was by far the most high class one I've ever been to. McD trying to make a move toward the coffee shop industry? There was several big couches there, a few big comfy reading chairs. The booths were big and open, TV screens all over the place and there wasn't a kid atmosphere there at all. I felt out of place there w/ the kids. The food wasn't any better then regular McD though.

After that (it was about 9:30pm) I had to go to Walmart and get groceries. UGH! Ever take 3 kids into Walmart alone? It isn't for the kind hearted. At 10:30pm, darling dh (grrr..) calls me on the cell (remember..I am in Walmart, pushing 1 cart, pulling another cart and have 3 kids all wanting a place to sit down).
Dh: "Where are you?"
Me: "In hell..oh I mean Walmart.."
Dh: "Do you know where my remote is?"
Me: "What?"

Kids & I got home at 12:15am and the kids slept until almost noon today. That was really nice. It's been an extremely low-key day today. Dh had to work at the farm and the kids & I have done very, very little. Well..if you call 3 loads of laundry, dishes, vaccuuming, changing bed sheets and paying bills low key??

No comments: