July 17, 2006

Where has the last month gone??

It's hard to believe that I haven't logged in here in over a month! Where has the time gone?? I don't even know where to start..

I guess I should start with our weather. We are now living on the surface of the sun! It is sooo hot and has been for over a week, with temps in the triplet digits! Yesterday I was at my friends house with the kids and her outdoor t-stat said it was 119°. I said to her "That can't be right!" She said "It's never been more then 1-3° off. Today it was 116°. Can you say HOLY SHIT IT IS F-ING HOT?!!??!! Tomorrow it's suppose to be 99° (ROFL), get out the parkas.

The kids & I have been swimming about 12 times the last month. I now don't have *kids* anymore, I have 3 fish! W has suprised me the most this year with swimming. Last year he wouldn't let go of the side of the pool, and hung on to me with a vise grip. Now he's going under the water, swimming, diving down and touching the bottom of the pool (in the 4' section) with his hands. B & A were swimming ok (for 3 year olds) last year, but this year they are the best 4 year old swimmers I have ever seen..ok maybe Im a bit biasis. :) Honestly they are doing soo well.

We (dh & I) have also taken the kids fishing several times in the last month. I have met my match..until fishing I had though I could do anything with the kids I wanted to by myself. But fishing has me beat. I can't do that w/o help. A especially LOVES to fish!! Here I thought in a couple years A & I could go shopping while daddy & his boys go hunting/fishing. But W & B don't have the patience for fishing the way A does. She can be a girly girl when she wants to, but other times she's 100% tomboy. :)

Dh has been on 1 business trip since I last posted, to Boston. Another one scheduled for the end of the month. Other then that he's been busy at work and working at the farm every chance he can. He has surgery scheduled for the 19th of July (OMG..in just a few days!!) for his elbow again. He has a pinched nerve in his elbow that needs to be repaired.

As for me..well I've been sooo darn busy!! The kids keep me going EVERY..SINGLE..DAY!! I don't think a day has gone by since we've been home from vacation that we stayed home. Everyday consists of running the wheels off my car. In my spare time (aka..middle of the night) I've been finding my sanity with reading. I've finished a few great books the last month and I wish I could comment on all of them, but don't have the time now. Check out my bibliophil.org web page if you're interested. I have updated my side bar with my CR and JF.

Tomorrow kiddos & I are going to K to go (can you guess??) swimming and I need to get the oil changed in my car. Then we're meeting dh at the car dealership and picking up our new (to us) truck. Dh's truck is really starting to give us problems, so it's time to trade it off and wash our hands of it. Im super, super excited about the new truck! It's a quad cab and will have plenty of room for the kids in the back seat!

Well..it's 12:10 and believe it or not I *STILL* have 1 child awake. UGH!! The summer has really, really, really screwed with their sleeping. They are usually up until 11pm, and sleep until 9:30am. Im glad next year they'll be in afternoon pre-k again. I won't have to worry about getting them waking up by 6:30am until 2007..ahhhh.

Im hoping in this lifetime to catch up with all my friends blogs!

No comments: